Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I Love My Family -or- The Joys of Care Packages

This is dedicated to my awesome family.

Today was a wonderful day.  We had our first common session at the Peace Corps Office in two weeks, and I arrived to find that I had received packages from BOTH my Mom and Dad/Beth/Hannah.  It's amazing how a few things from home can really pick up my mood.  For example, gum that has flavor for more than 30 seconds.  Also, sour candy... there is a complete lack of sour candy down here.  I have to pay tribute to Colleen, too, who put some awesome stuff in the package from my dad, like some really nice soap, a handkerchief treated with insect repellant, and magazines such as US Weekly, People, and InTouch!  Hannah was kind enough to send me some pipe cleaners, princess stickers, glitter, and a balloon:

Why I Love My Family: Exhibit 1


Mom sent me a ton of Nuun, which is great because Gatorade has so much sugar and I'm getting sick of it.  She also sent me some TOMS shoes, which are soooooo comfy.  I love them.  Duct tape (non-existent in Guatemala), handkerchiefs, lotion and my recipe book added even more joy to the box of goodies.

 Why I Love My Family: Exhibit 2

To Mom, Dad, Beth, Hannah, and Colleen: Thank you all so much!  You made my day!

1 comment:

  1. So give us a wish list, girl. LIke what type of items would you appreciate? I got a little bit of an idea from your folks' packages.. but what would be the most wanted? Or needed? I wonder.. do the schools have supplies?

    ReplyDelete